Manohar Parikar, former defence minister of india passed away on 17th march, 2019. He was currently serving as the CM of Goa.
He died due to pancreatic cancer which was announced by the president Ramnath Kovind.
Here we are bringing for you, some interesting facts about Manohar Parikar:
1. He was the first IIT-B alumni to become the chief minister of an India state.
2. He was the first to feel the Modi wave. Long before anybody else could see, he proposed Modi’s name as the PM.
3. Even in his 60s, he preferred a punishing work schedule. He used to work for more than 16 hours a day!!
4. He generally travelled in economy class. He also used public transport outside Goa.
5. Even after becoming a CM, he lived in his old house.
6. He only used his Innova while traveling which he was alotted as the leader of opposition.
7. He was awarded the distinguished alumnus award from IIT-B in 2001.
8. He became the CNN-IBN Indian of the year in politics category in 2012.
9. Branded as Mr. Clean in Goa.
10. Finally, Mr. Clean also got caught up in some of the controversies but they failed to downgrade his image in the state.
Okay I think we should not talk about these controversies in detail because politics is never “all clean”!!Moreover, the good deeds of a man overrides his vices, I believe.
Hope his soul rests in peace.Stay tuned for more interesting posts because mistella is back